Adobe has released the security update for Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) to fix 7 critical Adobe Vulnerabilities reported by researchers of Tencent KeenLab and Google Project Zero team.
The affected systems are Windows, Macintosh, Chrome OS and Linux. As per the Adobe security bulletin, all these critical vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Experience Manager could allow attackers to get the control of the affected system.
The Adobe has recommended to verify the version of Adobe Flash Player on the system and if the version is affected one, you should update it to the latest version 22.214.171.124. If you are using multiple browsers on your computer then you should verify the version of Adobe Flash Player on all the browsers.
This latest Adobe security update also includes the fix for the information disclosure vulnerability in Adobe Experience Manager issue.
Adobe Flash Vulnerability list.
- Use-after-free vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2017-3071)
- Memory corruption vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2017-3068, CVE-2017-3069, CVE-2017-3070, CVE-2017-3072, CVE-2017-3073, CVE-2017-3074).
List of Affected Adobe Flash Player Versions for Various OS.
- Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime (version 126.96.36.199 and earlier) for Windows and Linux
- Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime ( version 188.8.131.52 and earlier) for Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player for Goggle Chrome (version 184.108.40.206 and earlier) for Windows, Linux, Macintosh and Chrome Operating System
- Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge (version 220.127.116.11 and earlier) for Windows 10 and 8.1
How to Check the Adobe Flash Version
The easy way to check Adobe Flash Player version is to visit About Flash Player Page.
Another method is to right-click on the content running in flash player. Now click on About Adobe (or Macromedia) flash player.
This will show you the version of Flash player.
The Conclusion …..
It’s recommended that you update Adobe flash player to latest version, so that your systems is safe from any adobe flash security risk.
One has to keep looking for adobe flash player security update download quite often and user is forces to ask that, Why does adobe flash have so many vulnerabilities?
Well Adobe is somewhat quick when it comes to release adobe zero day vulnerability.
But the bottom line is Adobe is one of the most vulnerable software of recent times.