Browser cookies are small files that some websites adds to your PC with information about your interaction with their website. Cookies are generally used by websites to make your browsing experience better by letting sites remember your preferences or letting you avoid signing in each time you visit certain sites. But some malicious websites can use these to harm your pc and put your privacy at risk.
All Web browsers allow users to change settings to handle browser cookies to your likes. Microsoft Edge browser to have these options. Below are some option to Allow or Block browsers cookies in Microsoft Edge Browser.
Microsoft Edge Browser : Allow or Block Cookies for Windows 10 Home User
- Click on more action button with three dots on right side of menu bar.
- Click on Settings.
- From here click on advance settings to view advanced setting page.
From cookies section you can select one of the three options available.
- Don’t block cookies
- Block only third-party cookies
- Block all cookies.
Group Policy Editor is available in Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise editions only.
- Press Windows Key , type gpedit.msc in search box and hit Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor window, navigate to:
Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Microsoft Edge
Double click on “Configure how Microsoft Edge treats cookies“.
- Check “Enabled” radio button.
- Select required setting from “Configure Cookies Settings” dropdown menu.
Edge browser cookies settings can also be changed with a simple registry editor hack. follow the below give steps.
- Click Windows key
- Type regedit.exe in Search box and hit enter.
- Browse to
- Change Cookies Reg_Dword Settings
- Change value Data to 0 Block all Cookies
- Change Value Data to 1 Block Third Party Cookies
- Change Value Data to 2 Allow all Cookies