The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi has released a new app, named as BHIM (Bharat Interface for Mobile) on 30 Dec., 2016 to encourage the digital transactions in India. This app is based on UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and supports all the banks & financial institutions for making digital transactions.
Prime Minister Modi has named this digital payment app as BHIM to honor the father of Indian Constitution Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar.
Now everyone will contribute to the process of making cashless economy in our cash dominating Nation. BHIM app will be the best app for every Indian, no matter to which class the person belongs to. The best thing about BHIM is that it will neither need the Internet connection nor mobile phone to make digital transactions after adding Aadhaar based system.
From few days, it was in the hypes that a new Aadhaar Payment app is going to be released by Central Government of India. The official link was not provided at that moment and even some of the features were presumed. Although the name is different yet the BHIM app would be the same about which we discussed in our previous news article.
Highlights of BHIM Payment App
• Based on UPI (Unified Payment Interface).
• Aadhaar based system would be added in the next two weeks.
• After launching, Aadhaar based system in BHIM, only thumb impression would be needed to process digital payments.
• BHIM payment app will also work on feature phones to send & receive payments through upgraded USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) platform.
• This app includes the basic functionality such as send & receive money, saving the profile of user, linking of bank accounts, balance enquiry, change the language and recording of beneficiary details.
• Eliminates fee charges of various card service providers such as Mastercard and Visa.
• Eliminates the need of POS (Point of Sales) machines.
• Facilitates every merchant of India regardless of amount of sales.
• Instant transactions 24×7
How BHIM Payment App Works
- Download the BHIM payment app from the Google Play Store and then install it.
- Launch the app and follow the on screen instructions.
- Verify your Mobile number which is registered with your bank account.
Note: If you are using dual sim mobile phone, you need to use your registered number as primary.
- On the next screen, register your 4 digit password for BHIM app.
- Select your bank from the list and set 6-digit UPI PIN by following on screen instructions.
That’s it. Now your app is ready for making digital transactions.