Bleachbit is a system cleaner and optimizer for Linux which quickly frees disk space, removes hidden junk, and easily guards your privacy. It performs all required operations like Erase cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, remove unused localizations, shred logs, and delete temporary files on system. BleachBit is designed for both Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean 70 applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Adobe Reader, APT, and more.
Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster.
BleachBit has many useful features designed to help you easily clean your computer to free space and maintain privacy.
- Simple operation: read the descriptions, check the boxes you want, click preview, and click delete.
- Multi-platform: Linux and Windows
- Free of charge
- Free to share, learn, and modify (open source)
- Free of adware, spyware, and malware
- Translated to 37 languages: Arabic, Austrian, Belarusian, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Low German, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Tamil, Thai and Turkish.
- Shred files to hide their contents and prevent data recovery
- Shred any file (such as a spreadsheet on your desktop)
- Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files
- Portable app for Windows: run without installation
- Command line interface for scripting and automation
- CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using XML
- Frequent software updates with new features