DirectX 9.0c will help improve multimedia experiences on most PCs. This latest version of DirectX offers better security, updated graphics, faster frame rates, and support for massively multiplayer games. It also features more immersive audio when running and displaying programs rich in multimedia elements such as full-color graphics, video, 3-D animation and surround sound. If you had an earlier version of DirectX installed on your system, you will see little difference in available space on your hard drive following the installation. DirectX 9.0c will overwrite any earlier versions. This release also resolves a number of minor bugs and includes security updates.
- This is the ‘redist’ version of DirectX – all files are downloaded in one package (rather than an active download).
- Instructions: make a system backup or restore point. Double-click on the file once the download has completed. You will be asked where you want to place the extracted files. This is a temporary folder only – you can delete these files once the Direct X 9.0c installation has completed. Now go to that temporary folder. There will be lots of files in there – run DXSETUP.exe and wait for it to complete the installation. Restart you computer if required. Now you can delete the files in the temporary folder. For future use, you can keep the file you downloaded or simply delete it – it doesn’t matter.
- DirectX is a crucial system component. It cannot be uninstalled without reinstalling your operating system (!) or performing a system restore/system recovery.
- To determine what version is current installed on your system and other tips about DirectX, .
- This version of DirectX was released November 2008.