Windows 10 Creators update is being released in phased manner via Windows Update to users have Windows 10 Anniversary update installed. In case you are among the early adopters like me you can download a Windows 10 ISO using Media Creation Tool and preform a clean install. You will have to create Windows 10 Creators Update bootable USB with the help of a utility called Rufus.
Rufus is a free and fast utility that helps you to format and create bootable USB flash drives. Rufus is also available in portable version. This easy to use utility supports many languages hence anyone can use this utility by selecting appropriate language. The important factor is that the installation of Rufus is not necessary.
In this blog post, we are going to let you know how you can create Windows 10 Creators Update bootable USB by using Rufus utility.
- Windows XP or later.
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are supported.
To Create Windows 10 Creators Update Bootable USB
Follow the below explained steps and create your own bootable USB of Creators Update.
- Download the Rufus utility by clicking on below given links (whichever version is required).
- Connect your USB drive to your computer. Keep in mind your USB should be of 4GB+ size.
- Now run Rufus utility and hit Yes button whenever prompted to UAC. The Rufus will be launched.
- Select your specified USB drive under the “Device” section.
- Next select either GPT Partition scheme or MBR Partition scheme for UEFI computer or BIOS/UEFI computers respectively.
- Further, select the file type as FAT32 or NTFS.
- Enter the New volume label.
- Select ISO image option (see screenshot) and hit the CD/DVD drive icon to browse Windows 10 Creators Update ISO image file from your Computer.
- After selecting ISO image file click Start button. The warning dialogue box will appear, click OK button to proceed.
That’s it now you will see “Ready” message which indicates that Windows 10 Creators Update bootable USB drive is ready to use.
If you face any problem while performing the above process, do let us know via comments. We will try to resolve the issues in every possible manner.