DAEMON Tools lets you create backup for your physical CD/DVD/HD DVD/BLU-ray discs. Backup taken by DAEMON Tools can be a exact clone of a disc you copy and can be used as a virtual disc or image disc. You can run images created directly from your hard drive or burn another disc. Various image formats are supported by DAEMON Tools.
You can emulate up to 4 CD/DVD virtual drives on your PC. Virtual drives will appear in your Windows explorer just like real ones. Select a virtual drive then choose a disc image you want to mount. Find the created virtual drive with mounted disc image in My Computer. Start working! Looks like working with a real drive and a real disc, doesn’t it? Yes, but it is much faster!
Change log for DAEMON Tools Lite V4.40.1
– Even better main window;
– DAEMON Tools driver (Basic Emulation) for working without SPTD;
– SPTD 1.76 (Advanced Emulation);
– Support of Portable Installation;
– Authorization request when mounting network shared images;
– Languages updates.
– Unable to start adapter after first installation on fresh Windows;
– Issue with detecting an external USB HDD with virtual CDROM drives;
– Not saving DVD Region of a device after reboot;
– Nonoptimal CPU using;
– Handles’ leaks in Sidebar Gadget;
– Minor bugs.