Cisco has released the latest Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 on netacad.com that is available to download for free using direct links. It’s a network simulation program developed for networking students and instructors. Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 offline installer that is useful for network instructors and students for the installation of Packet Tracer program on multiple systems without Internet connectivity.
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 is the major version with advanced features and simulation capabilities. In the latest version of Packet Tracer, quite a lot of devices get added that helps to create more complex network structure and find s of questions arising in the mind. Download Packet Tracer 7.1 and experience new features available.
Free Packet Tracer 7.1 is not only available for all Cisco Networking Academy instructors, students, and alumni, but also for self-learners. Cisco encourages all the Packet Tracer users to upgrade to the latest version of Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.
Cisco Packet Tracer forms simulation-based learning environments to facilitates networking students and instructors for various networking tasks.
Cisco added the new features in Packet Tracer 7.1 that were not available in Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2, 6.3, and 7.0. If you have created the activities (CCNA routing & switching, CCNA security, CCNA Exploration, CCNA Discovery, IT essentials) in Packet Tracer 6.3, 6.2, 6.1.1 or earlier versions, you can use them in Packet Tracer 7.1 with full compatibility.
In this blog post, we are providing direct download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 free links for those who want to practice for Networking techniques.
You can access the links for free Cisco Packet Tracer download for Windows and free Cisco Packet Tracer download for Linux.
What’s New in Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1
New devices added in Packet Tracer
- Cisco Catalyst 3650 Multilayer Switch.
- Cisco ISR 4321 Router with optical capabilities.
- Generic WLC and 2504 WLC.
- Generic Light Weight Access Point.
- Cisco Aironet 3702 lightweight WAP.
- Access Point-AC
- Enhancements to existing protocols.
- CAPWAP protocol.
- Uniform PDU format.
- New IOS/IOS-XE.
- App support.
- Export programming project as pkp.
- Custom user command to PC CLI.
- MQTT messaging protocol for IoT devices.
- Containers scale properly.
- Rack updates, wall mounts, and patch panels.
- Power distribution units.
- Support for high-resolution display.
- Activity Sequencer, Editor, and Activity Wizard Code Testing.
- Ability to use various providers for cellular networks.
- Support for IoX client.
- ASA security plus license on the ASA 5505 in Packet Tracer 7.1
Supported Platforms for Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Tool
Windows and Linux Ubuntu are compatible operating systems for installing Packet Tracer 7.1.
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz or better.
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (32-bit and 64-bit) or Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS only 64-bit (with the latest update).
- Memory: Minimum 500 MB free space (recommended more free space).
- RAM: Minimum 512 MB (1 GB or more Recommended for optimal performance).
- Display Resolution: 800 x 600 (recommended 1024 x 768).
- Sound card and latest video card drivers.
How to Install Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 on Windows
Step-1: Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Offline Installer for your compatible system using direct download links given later in this blog post.
Step-2: Run Packet Tracer setup for the installation. When prompt with UAC, hit Yes to provide permission. Click on Next button to proceed further.
Step-3: Click on the “I accept the agreement” and hit Next button.
Step-4: Select the destination location for installing Packet Tracer by browsing. By default, it will be installed in C:\ drive. Click Next button.
Step-5: Hit Next button to create a shortcut of the program in Start Menu Folder named Cisco Packet Tracer.
Step-6: Now select the desired checkbox and hit Next button.
Step-7: Now finally tap on Install button. The installation process will take few seconds and after the completion of installation, you need to Restart your system.
That’s it. Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 is ready to use. Launch Packet Tracer and login with Cisco account or as a guest (if you don’t acquire account).
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Offline Installer
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 for Windows 32-bit (Size: 121 MB) – Download
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 for Windows 64-bit (Size: 129 MB) – Download
Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 for Linux 64-bit (Size: 151 MB) – Download