Google Chrome 62 is the latest version available to download for all supporting operating systems. The latest version of Chrome comes with new features, security fixes, and improvements. Direct download Google Chrome 62 offline installer links are available in this blog post.
Chrome 62 stable version incorporates 35 security fixes having high, medium and low severity. Google prefers to keep bug details confidential until the majority of Google Chrome 61 or earlier version get their browser updated to the latest Chrome 62.
Google Chrome offline installer lets network administrators install it on multiple client PCs (having same operating systems) without an Internet connection.
You can check for new version availability on your system by navigating to chrome://help/. Once you are on this page Google shall automatically check for the updates. In case, an update is available it will be downloaded immediately. You will need to restart the browser to implement the Chrome 62 update.
What’s New in the Latest Google Chrome 62
- Support for OpenType variable fonts that helps to merge font family variations in a single file.
- In Google Chrome 62, the chrome will display “Not Secure” label on the address bar whenever the user enters the data on HTTP page.
- The Payment Request API available on the latest Chrome for iOS.
- Support for Media Capture from DOM Elements API that allows you to live-capture content into MediaStream directly from HTMLMediaElements.
- Availability of WebVR Origin Trial that lets web developers build experimental rich VR experiences.
List of Google Chrome 62 Security Fixes and Rewards
- [$7500+$1337] High CVE-2017-5124: UXSS with MHTML. Reported by Anonymous on 2017-09-07
- [$5000] High CVE-2017-5125: Heap overflow in Skia. Reported by Anonymous on 2017-07-26
- [$3000] High CVE-2017-5126: Use after free in PDFium. Reported by Luật Nguyễn (@l4wio) of KeenLab, Tencent on 2017-08-30
- [$3000] High CVE-2017-5127: Use after free in PDFium. Reported by Luật Nguyễn (@l4wio) of KeenLab, Tencent on 2017-09-14
- [$3000] High CVE-2017-5128: Heap overflow in WebGL. Reported by Omair on 2017-09-14
- [$3000] High CVE-2017-5129: Use after free in WebAudio. Reported by Omair on 2017-09-15
- [$3000] High CVE-2017-5132: Incorrect stack manipulation in WebAssembly. Reported by Gaurav Dewan (@007gauravdewan) of Adobe Systems India Pvt. Ltd. on 2017-05-05
- [$N/A] High CVE-2017-5130: Heap overflow in libxml2. Reported by Pranjal Jumde (@pjumde) on 2017-05-14
- [$5000] Medium CVE-2017-5131: Out of bounds write in Skia. Reported by Anonymous on 2017-07-16
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2017-5133: Out of bounds write in Skia. Reported by Aleksandar Nikolic of Cisco Talos on 2017-09-05
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2017-15386: UI spoofing in Blink. Reported by WenXu Wu of Tencent’s Xuanwu Lab on 2017-08-03
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2017-15387: Content security bypass. Reported by Jun Kokatsu (@shhnjk) on 2017-08-16
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2017-15388: Out of bounds read in Skia. Reported by Kushal Arvind Shah of Fortinet’s FortiGuard Labs on 2017-08-17
- [$500] Medium CVE-2017-15389: URL spoofing in OmniBox. Reported by xisigr of Tencent’s Xuanwu Lab on 2017-07-06
- [$500] Medium CVE-2017-15390: URL spoofing in OmniBox. Reported by Haosheng Wang (@gnehsoah) on 2017-07-28
- [$500] Low CVE-2017-15391: Extension limitation bypass in Extensions. Reported by João Lucas Melo Brasio (whitehathackers.com.br) on 2016-03-28
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2017-15392: Incorrect registry key handling in PlatformIntegration. Reported by Xiaoyin Liu (@general_nfs) on 2017-04-22
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2017-15393: Referrer leak in Devtools. Reported by Svyat Mitin on 2017-06-13
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2017-15394: URL spoofing in extensions UI. Reported by Sam @sudosammy on 2017-07-18
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2017-15395: Null pointer dereference in ImageCapture. Reported by Johannes Bergman ([email protected]) on 2017-08-28
Download Google Chrome 62 Offline Installer
Download Google Chrome 62 for Windows 32-bit (Size: 45 MB)
Download Google Chrome 62 for Windows 64-bit (Size: 49 MB)
Download Google Chrome 62 for Mac OS (Size: 63 MB)
Download Google Chrome 62 for Linux Debian 64-bit (Size: 46 MB)
Download Google Chrome 62 for Linux RPM 32-bit / 64-bit (Size: 47 MB)