KB4016240 Cumulative Update of Windows 10 Version 1703 (Creators Update) is released by Microsoft. This update can be installed via Windows Update or KB4016240 offline installer can be downloaded from the KB4016240 direct download links give at the end of this blog post.
As of changes in newly released KB4016240 Patch Tuesday update. This is a non-security update with includes quality improvements, as stated by Microsoft. Via this update number of non crucial issues are resolved including the Memory Leak detected in Microsoft Internet Explorer. Form issue that prevents third-party antivirus software from working correctly, and brings back the option to disable the Lock Screen using the Group Policy on Windows 10 Professional editions.
Full Change Log for KB4016240 Patch Tuesday Update.
- Addressed issue where VMs might experience loss in network connectivity while provisioning IP addresses.
- Addressed issue that does not initiate a remote ring on the device when RemoteRing Configuration Service Provider (CSP) is used.
- Addressed issue where a memory leak occurs in Internet Explorer when hosting pages containing nested framesets that load cross-domain content.
- Addressed issue that causes users to get logged out from Web applications intermittently.
- Addressed issue with a very dim internal monitor that may occur when booting with the external monitor only and then switching to the built-in panel only.
- Addressed issue where running Win32 Direct3D applications or games in full-screen exclusive mode causes the system to become unresponsive when resuming from Connected Standby.
- Addressed issue where when upgrading to Windows 10, version 1703, with the system language set to Chinese, the progress page displays geometric shapes instead of the correct localized strings.
- Addressed issue that prevents the lock screen from being disabled using Group Policy on Professional SKUs.
- Addressed issue in Windows Forms configuration options, which causes antivirus applications to stop working at startup.
- Addressed additional issues with compatibility, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
How to Download KB4016240 Update & Manually update Windows 10 Version 1703?
This patch is available from Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. Being a cumulative update means it has all previously released fixes. If you have installed previous updates, only new fixes that are included in this package will be downloaded and installed to your computer.
In case you have to install this update on multiple systems, you can also download KB4016240 offline installer package from the direct download links given below.
Direct Download KB4016240 offline installer
If you want to install this update on multiple machines manually, then you can also download this Microsoft Update Installer for Windows 10 update KB4016240 from the direct links given below Which can be used to for Windows 10 upgrade offline :-
Windows 10 KB4016240 Windows Update Standalone Installer 32bit / Size :-215.0 MB
Windows 10 KB4016240 Windows Update Standalone Installer 64bit / Size :- 341.2 MB
Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 for x64-based Systems KB4016240
Download Windows Server 2016 Update KB4016240 Direct Download / Size :- 341.2 MB
In-case you encounter any problem during or after the installation of KB4016240 update do let us know. We shall try to help you in resolving the issue.