Microsoft has released Windows 10 cumulative update KB4034661 (OS build 14393.1613) for the PCs that are running Anniversary update. This latest Windows 10 update KB4034661 incorporates quality improvements as well as fixes that were found in the previous build. You can download KB4034661 offline installer using official links provided in this blog post and use it on multiple PCs running Anniversary Update.
This August 2017 Windows 10 update doesn’t include new operating system features as Microsoft has rolled out Windows 10 Creators update for all the supported devices and recommend users to upgrade the system to experience Windows 10 Creators Update features. Microsoft is now preparing to release Windows 10 Fall Creators Update by the end of this year which is under testing phase.
With this latest Windows 10 Update (released on August 16, 2017), the build is incremented to 14393.1613. The network administrators can download KB4034661 stand-alone installer once and then install this update without Internet connectivity.
In addition, the cumulative update for Windows Server 2016 is also available to download.
As Windows 10 is known for the automatic updates, if your device is connected to the Internet, all the available updates get downloaded and installed in the background. It is recommended to update Windows 10 devices manually if there are connectivity issues as outdated systems are always vulnerable to security threats.
- Windows 10 Offline Updates Released in 2017 [Official Links]
- Windows 7 offline update 2017 [Official Links] Direct Download
The Changelog of Windows 10 1607 Update KB4034661
(OS Build 14393.1613)
- This package contains d3dcompiler_47.dll;
- Addressed issue where a black screen appears when launching an application on Citrix XenApp that was deployed from Windows Server 2016.
- Addressed issue where the User Account Control (UAC) prompt sometimes appears hidden under other opened windows.
- Addressed the issue in the event collector data that caused data corruption with % symbols in the user logon events (ID 4624) from other Domain Controllers (DCs).
- Addressed issue where the PowerShell command Add-HgsAttestationTpmHost fails to find the Endorsement Key Certificate for a system even though the certificate exists.
- Addressed issue where, in some cases, an Encrypted Hard Drive device would not automatically unlock at system startup.
- Addressed issue where the AppLocker rules wizard crashes when selecting accounts.
- Addressed issue where third-party directory structures caused Disk Cleanup to render a boot drive inaccessible.
- Addressed issue where unsynchronized access in NtfsQueryLinksInfo led to a system crash.
- Addressed issue where an extremely high number of I/O flushes might lead to an error.
Addressed a reliability issue that occurs when a user gives the wrong input to the smart card pin prompt.
- Addressed issue by increasing the time out the window when starting Docker for Windows to avoid 0x5b4 errors.
- Addressed issue with Azure Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) when an ADFX server is configured to use an HTTP Proxy.
- Addressed issue where the calling IP address is not logged by 411 events in the Security Event log of ADFS 4.0 and Windows Server 2016 RS1 ADFS servers. This issue occurs even after enabling Success Audits and Failure Audits.
- Addressed issue where a computer account loses its domain membership with the error 1789, “The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.” The same problem happens internally when a user password cannot be changed with error 0xc0000206, “The size of the buffer is invalid for the specified operation.”
- Addressed issue where, after a planned restart of the primary server, storage replication doesn’t automatically resume as expected. Also, Storage Replication service randomly fails after the restart.
- Addressed issue where using a GPO logon script to map a network drive fails if the user disconnects from the network and restarts. When the user logs in again, the mapped drive is not available. This issue occurs even though the logon script has the persistence flag set to TRUE.
- Addressed issue where after uninstalling SMBv1, if you set the SPN validation level to 2, when you access a UNC share remotely (e.g., \\\C$), the request will fail with STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
- Addressed issue where the Remote Desktop client cannot connect or disconnects intermittently when trying to connect using the RD Gateway.
- Addressed issue where presenting an expired or revoked certificate to the ADFS Proxy server does not return an error to the user.
Download KB4034661 Offline Installer Windows 10 Version 1607
Download KB4034661 Stand-alone Package for 32-bit Windows 10 (Size: 614 MB)
Download KB4034661 Stand-alone Package for 64-bit Windows 10 (Size: 1086 MB)
Download KB4034661 Offline Installer for Windows Server 2016
Download KB4034661 Stand-alone Package for 64-bit Windows Server (Size: 1086 MB)
Being Windows 10 cumulative update, this will download and install only new fixes or improvements contained in this package (which you have not installed on the system).
If you want to download and install latest Windows 10 updates manually, you can check in Windows 10 setting app or you can also create a shortcut of Windows 10 update for quick access. On the other hand, Windows 10 offline installer is the best available option for installing KB4034661 in an offline environment.
In case you face any Windows 10 update problem, do let us know via comments. We shall assist you to resolve the issues.