Windows 10 offers a little different User Interface as compared to legacy Windows. There are many tweaks in the settings of Windows 10. As Windows 10 is known for mandatory updates and the user has no control over to schedule the updates. Windows 10 PC get updates and automatically install the updates and notifies user to restart the computer. All Windows 10 editions except Enterprise edition don’t have the right to control or disable Windows 10 update.
A program named as Windows 10 Updater Disabler is specially developed to avoid Windows 10 updates in all the editions of Microsoft Windows 10. This program runs in the background and terminates the attempts of Windows update. This is a simple and reliable tool that can be used by average users.
“Windows 10 Update Disabler doesn’t rely on the Windows Registry values and after initiating, it disables all scheduled tasks related to Windows update”, said author of this program.
How to Disable Windows 10 Update
1. First of all, download the Windows 10 Update Disabler and extract UpdateDisabler.exe to another folder.
2. Now open command prompt with Administrative rights by right clicking on start menu.
3. In command prompt, navigate the folder of Windows 10 Update Disabler (extracted folder).
4. Run the command updaterdisabler.exe -install
If you notice your command prompt window resembled with the given screenshot, it means you have installed this program successfully.
You can even check whether this service is working (running) or not. Just open the Services window by typing in Windows Search and you can see Update Disabler Service interface. The status and startup type of this service should be Running and Automatic respectively.
How To Uninstall Windows 10 Updater Disabler
If you no longer want to disable Windows 10 Update, you can uninstall the update disabler program by following same procedure.
1. Open command prompt with admin rights and navigate same folder of Windows 10 Update Disabler (same path as navigated while installation)
2. Run the command updaterdisabler.exe –remove
Match the program echoes with the given screenshot, if both resembles that means you have remove the program successfully.
Note: We strongly recommend you to back up your data before installing this program to disable Windows 10 update because this program is a new one and it still need testing on all the devices. According to the author, he has developed this tool for personal use and requires more testing.