DirectX is a collection of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) specially designed to prepare Windows-based systems ideal for multimedia enriched elements using the directx runtime files. We are providing links to download DirectX. The links are for latest DirectX offline installer for various windows versions.
All the latest Windows Operating Systems are packed with DirectX which means the systems are enriched with the capability of handling multimedia including game programming and video on Microsoft platforms.
On the other hand, the users of previous versions of Windows need to download DirectX for Windows-specific version and install it. The latest DirectX version empowers the system to manage multimedia files in the most effective way hence you are suggested to apply the Microsoft DirectX Updates as they are released.
How to check DirectX version Installed on PC
DirectX Diagnostic Tool helps you find the version of DirectX, installed on your system. Follow the below-given steps to check DirectX version:
- Press Windows+R keys together from the keyboard. The Run window will appear on the screen. In the Run App type “dxdiag” and press the OK button.
- DirectX Diagnostic Tool window will appear. In the “System” tab of DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, you can check the version of DirectX, installed.
Also Read: How to Install DirectX Control Panel
DirectX Versions for Windows
The different versions of Windows, support different versions of DirectX offline installer hence the Windows users require to download DirectX as per the compatibility.
- DirectX 12: Windows 10 is packed with the latest DirectX 12. Microsoft release updates related to DirectX via Windows Update. Unfortunately, DirectX offline installer download links are not available. For the updated version of DirectX, just apply the latest Windows update. Other versions of Windows are not compatible for this DirectX 12. If you are using an older version, you need to opt for another version.
- DirectX 11: DirectX 11.4 and DirectX 11.3 are also supported by the latest Windows 10 and updated via Windows Update.
- DirectX 11.2 : is supported by Windows 10 as well as Windows 8.1.
- DirectX 11.1 : is compatible for 3 versions of Windows i.e Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 (SP1). On the other hand, the users of Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista can get DirectX 11.0 for their systems. You can download DirectX 11 using official links given in this blog post and update DirectX.
- DirectX 10 : Just like DirectX 11.0, version 10 is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- DirectX 9 : The earliest version of DirectX is DirectX 9 that is available for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
Download DirectX Offline Installer for Windows
- Download DirectX 11 for Windows 7 SP1 – 64-bit and 32-bit
- Download DirectX 11 Web Installer
- Download DirectX 10
- Download DirectX 9 Offline Installer