The latest Firefox 58 is packed with new features, changes, and fixes that aims to boost the performance of the browser. You can download Firefox 58 offline installer using the links provided in this post and experience the latest Firefox release of January 2018.
The List of Security Vulnerabilities Addressed in Firefox 58
Mozilla fixed 32 vulnerabilities in Firefox 58, out of which 3 are rated as critical (CVE-2018-5091, CVE-2018-5089, CVE-2018-5090), 13 are rated as high severity ( CVE-2018-5092, CVE-2018-5093, CVE-2018-5094, CVE-2018-5095, CVE-2018-5097, CVE-2018-5098, CVE-2018-5099, CVE-2018-5100, CVE-2018-5101, CVE-2018-5102, CVE-2018-5103, CVE-2018-5104 and CVE-2018-5105) and rest of the vulnerabilities are low and moderate rated.
What’s New in Firefox 58
- Rendering graphics for Windows users by using Off-Main-Thread Painting (OMTP)
Improvements to Firefox Screenshots
- Copy and paste screenshots directly to your clipboard
- Firefox Screenshots now works in Private Browsing mode
Bug Fixes and Changes Introduced in Firefox 58
- Fonts installed in non-standard directories will no longer appear blank for Linux users.
- User profiles created in Firefox 58 (and in future releases) are not supported in previous versions of Firefox. Users who downgrade to a previous version should create a new profile for that version.
Mozilla is continually revamping the performance of Firefox browser with every new release, hence a significant number of users are switching their browsers to Firefox.
Firefox 58 delivers multi-process browsing experience to its users. After beta testing, the stable version is out for public. Let’s see, what would be the next major enhancement. If you’re expecting something specific, share with us via comments.
Direct Download Firefox 58 Offline Installer
- Firefox 58 offline installer for Windows 32-bit (Size: 34 MB) – Download
- Firefox 58 offline installer for Windows 64-bit (Size: 38 MB) – Download
- Firefox 58 direct download for Mac (Size: 53 MB) – Download
- Firefox 58 offline installer for Linux (Size: 51 MB) – Download