Mozilla Firefox 64 is released and available to download for all compatible platforms. The latest version of Firefox browser contains new features, improvements, changes and bug fixes. Whether you are currently using Firefox or want to try it for splendid experience, you can download Firefox 64 offline installer for your particular platform.
Firefox 64 release notes are published by the company that reveals the details of this new stable version. For the seamless experience, update Firefox to the latest version available.
Features of Firefox 64 Update
- Mozilla has enhanced the performance and reliability with the latest release. Firefox Quantum 64 offers the feature of better recommendations that lets you get suggestions in regular browsing mode for new and relevant Firefox features, services, and extensions based on the way of using the browser. This feature is available only for US users. We can expect it to be available for all other users soon.
- The tab management feature lets you tweak with multiple tabs. You can bookmark, move, close or pin multiple tabs at once.
- Now you can monitor the consumption of energy by each tab with the latest Firefox 64 update.
- Enhanced performance for Mac and Linux users by enabling link-time optimization (Clang LTO) in Firefox 64.
- Easy to share web pages on Windows.
- The enterprise users can customize Firefox using configuration profiles on MacOS.
Security Vulnerabilities Addressed in Firefox 64
Firefox 64 addressed a bunch of following vulnerabilities of a different rating. These security bugs were reported by the external researchers as well as the team of Mozilla.
- CVE-2018-12405: (Critical vulnerability) Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 64 and Firefox ESR 60.4
- CVE-2018-12406: (Critical vulnerability) Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 64
- CVE-2018-12407: (High rated vulnerability) Buffer overflow with ANGLE library when using VertexBuffer11 module.
- CVE-2018-17466: (High rated vulnerability) Buffer overflow and out-of-bounds read in ANGLE library with TextureStorage11
- CVE-2018-18492: (High rated vulnerability) Use-after-free with select element.
- CVE-2018-18493: (High rated vulnerability) Buffer overflow in accelerated 2D canvas with Skia.
- CVE-2018-18494: (High rated vulnerability) Same-origin policy violation using location attribute and performance.getEntries to steal cross-origin URLs.
Rest of the vulnerabilities (CVE-2018-18495, CVE-2018-18496, CVE-2018-18497) are rated as moderate and one is CVE-2018-18498 that has low impact.
Direct Download Firefox 64 Offline Installer
Firefox 64 offline installer for Windows 32-bit (Size: 41 MB) – Download
Firefox 64 offline installer for Windows 64-bit (Size: 43 MB) – Download
Firefox 64 direct download for Mac (Size: 62 MB) – Download
Firefox 64 offline installer for Linux 32-bit (Size: 57 MB) – Download
Firefox 64 offline installer for Linux 64-bit (Size: 57 MB) – Download