Google starts rolling out the latest Chrome 63 with a bunch of new security enhancements. With Google Chrome 63, the users will get more protection against malicious websites that steal confidential data such as passwords or other personal credentials. You can download Google Chrome 63 offline installer and impose an extra layer of protection on your browsing.
Google Chrome offline installer for 63 stable version is available for all Operating Systems. We recommend you to update Chrome browser as the latest Chrome 63.0.3239.84 includes 37 security fixes. The severity of these vulnerabilities comes under critical, high, medium and low category.
The researchers who reported these Chrome vulnerabilities got rewards according to the severity of the vulnerabilities. The list of security fixes and rewards are published on Google blog.
Google Chrome offline installer links are taken from official repository hence accessing these links is safe.
What’s New in Google Chrome 63
- Introduced Strict Isolation Mode that enhances security for Chrome users. The users need to enable site isolation feature on Google Chrome 63, as this feature is not enabled by default yet. This mode builds even more secure boundaries by rendering the content of each opened website isolated. As per Google notification, when you enable isolation mode, the memory usage will increase by 10-20%.
- Added the ability to block extensions. This new feature helps administrators to restrict extensions based on particular permissions.
- Deployed TLS 1.3 for Gmail to enable secure communication between the browser and the web server. Meanwhile, Transport Layer Security 1.3 is enabled for Gmail but surely it will be enabled for other sites too.
List of Security Fixes and Rewards Included in Chrome 63 Update
- [$10500] Critical CVE-2017-15407: Out of bounds write in QUIC. Reported by Ned Williamson on 2017-10-26
- [$6337] High CVE-2017-15408: Heap buffer overflow in PDFium. Reported by Ke Liu of Tencent’s Xuanwu LAB on 2017-09-06
- [$5000] High CVE-2017-15409: Out of bounds write in Skia. Reported by Anonymous on 2017-09-11
- [$5000] High CVE-2017-15410: Use after free in PDFium. Reported by Luật Nguyễn (@l4wio) of KeenLab, Tencent on 2017-09-16
- [$5000] High CVE-2017-15411: Use after free in PDFium. Reported by Luật Nguyễn (@l4wio) of KeenLab, Tencent on 2017-09-29
- [$3500] High CVE-2017-15412: Use after free in libXML. Reported by Nick Wellnhofer on 2017-05-27
- [$500] High CVE-2017-15413: Type confusion in WebAssembly. Reported by Gaurav Dewan(@007gauravdewan) of Adobe Systems India Pvt. Ltd. on 2017-09-19
- [$3337] Medium CVE-2017-15415: Pointer information disclosure in IPC call. Reported by Viktor Brange of Microsoft Offensive Security Research Team on 2017-09-15
- [$2500] Medium CVE-2017-15416: Out of bounds read in Blink. Reported by Ned Williamson on 2017-10-28
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2017-15417: Cross-origin information disclosure in Skia . Reported by Max May on 2017-03-07
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2017-15418: Use of uninitialized value in Skia. Reported by Kushal Arvind Shah of Fortinet’s FortiGuard Labs on 2017-09-15
- ] Medium CVE-2017-15419: Cross-origin leak of redirect URL in Blink. Reported by Jun Kokatsu (@shhnjk) on 2017-10-31
- [$500] Medium CVE-2017-15420: URL spoofing in Omnibox. Reported by WenXu Wu of Tencent’s Xuanwu Lab on 2017-10-23
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2017-15422: Integer overflow in ICU. Reported by Yuan Deng of Ant-financial Light-Year Security Lab on 2017-10-13
- [$500] Low CVE-2017-15423: Issue with SPAKE implementation in BoringSSL. Reported by Greg Hudson on 2017-10-25
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2017-15424: URL Spoof in Omnibox. Reported by Khalil Zhani on 2017-08-16
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2017-15425: URL Spoof in Omnibox. Reported by xisigr of Tencent’s Xuanwu Lab on 2017-08-17
- [$N/A] Low CVE-2017-15426: URL Spoof in Omnibox. Reported by WenXu Wu of Tencent’s Xuanwu Lab on 2017-08-18
How to Update Google Chrome 63 Manually
While using Chrome 62 or earlier version, you can check for new version availability just by navigating to chrome://help/. Once you are on this page Google shall automatically check for the updates. In case, an update is available it will be downloaded immediately. You will need to restart the browser to implement the Chrome 63 update.
Download Google Chrome 63 Offline Installer
You can download Google Chrome 63 offline installer for your particular Operating System using below given direct links:
- Google Chrome 63 offline installer for Windows 32-bit (Size: 46 MB) – Download
- Google Chrome offline installer 63 for Windows 64-bit (Size: 50 MB) – Download
- Google Chrome offline installer 63 for Mac OS (Size: 62 MB) – Download
- Google Chrome 63 offline installer for Linux Debian 64-bit (Size: 47 MB) – Download
- Google Chrome 63 offline installer for Linux RPM 32-bit / 64-bit (Size: 47 MB) – Download