While Apple is very concerned about the security of their devices, sometimes the security researchers are able to find serious vulnerabilities in the iOS updates. This time the latest iOS Update 12.4 is found to have a bug that allows users to perform jailbreak which leads to allowing users to customize their iOS devices by installing unsupported iOS Apps. To patch this serious vulnerability, Apple released iOS 12.4.1 update for the compatible devices.
The iOS users are highly recommended to download iOS 12.4.1 and apply that in order to prevent hackers attack on their iOS devices. Apple restricts users to install unsupported iOS apps as a malicious App can execute arbitrary code with system privileges and steal the sensitive data from the device.
The Jailbreak vulnerability in iOS was found by a security researcher “Pwn20wnd”. He published iOS 12.4 jailbreak information and some of the users performed jailbreak successfully.
In this blog post, we are providing direct download iOS 12.4.1 update links. If you are using the supported iOS device, you are suggested to download iOS 12.4.1 offline installer and prevent your device from being a victim. Don’t delay to patch jailbreak flaw and make your device more secure.
The users can grab the latest 12.4.1 update via IPSW or OTA (Over-the-air) and clean up their devices from bugs and issues.
Changelog of the latest iOS 12.4.1 update
- Abnormal battery drain problem is solved.
- Wi-Fi connectivity is fast and reliable.
- Bluetooth is working properly.
- GPS and Cellular data both are stable.
- The random reboot of the devices is solved.
- More Security and Privacy.
- Touch ID and Face ID issues are solved.
- Third-party apps like Spotify, Asana, Gmail, Twitter, Dark Sky, Netflix, and Google Chrome are working normally.
- First-party apps like Safari, Podcasts and Calendar are working properly.
How to Download and Install iOS 12.4.1 Update for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
The latest update iOS 12.4.1. for the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch is available. Follow the steps to download and install the iOS update:
Note: Before installing or updating the latest update in your iOS devices you should backup your device.
1. Open the “Settings” app on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
2. Go to “General” and then to “Software Update”
3. Choose to “Download and Install” when iOS 12.4.1 becomes available.
After the installation of the iOS 12.4.1 version the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch automatically reboots. The installation is successfully completed within the 10 Minutes.
iOS 12.4.1 update release notes
The newly released notes of iOS 12.4.1 are as follows:-
Available for: iPhone 5s and later, iPad Air and later, and iPod touch 6th generation
Impact: A malicious application may be able to execute arbitrary code with system privileges
Description: A use after free issue was addressed with improved memory management.
This updated version is released through CVE-2019-8605: Ned Williamson working with Google Project Zero.