Java is the most popular open-source programming language used by millions of developers and enterprises. Java was brought into existence in 1995 by Sun Microsystems and later on, it was owned by Oracle. Presently, more than 3 billion devices run Java for various purposes. It is the most popular, secure, and powerful platform for architecting the world’s best applications. In this blog post, we are providing a complete guide to download Java offline installer for Windows, Linux, or macOS. You can download a required version of Java JRE or JDK.
Applications of Java
- Mobile, desktop, and web applications
- Web and application servers
- Database connections
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and Java Development Kit (JDK)
Java Development Kit (JDK) is a software development kit used to develop various applications, database connections, and servers of web & application, whereas Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is a set of software packages that are required to run the applications developed with Java.
How to check the version of Java installed on PC?
Do you know which version of Java is installed on your system? If not, you can check the java version using the command prompt.
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type “java –version” and hit the Enter key. This command will reveal the current version of Java.
Note: if Java is not installed, it will show an error.
How to Update Java?
To update the Java version, follow the below steps:
- Launch Control Panel and head to Java.
- Click on Update tab and hit Update Now.
- Now wait for a while, if the latest Java update is available, it will be downloaded & installed.
- Finally, it will show the installation confirmation window.
How to Download Java?
To download the latest Java offline installer, follow the below given steps:
- Visit the official Oracle Java JDK 15 download page.
- You will see a list of platforms along with download links of JDK 15.
- Choose the download link of JDK 15 offline installer, depending on the platform, on which you want to install Java 15 (Java Developing Kit 15).
- On the next popup window, accept the “Oracle Technology Network License Agreement for Oracle Java SE” to proceed with the downloading of JDK. Now tap on the download button. This will download JDK 15 standalone installer for a particular platform.
Note: You must login Oracle account and if you don’t have, just create a new account.
Latest Versions of Java
Java 15 is the latest version released by Oracle. From Starting from Java 11 release, Oracle has made it compulsory to purchase a license of JDK if you want to use it commercially. In case you are using the old version of Java, you will no longer get the support, patch, or security update until you upgrade it.
Old versions of Java
How to choose the version of Java to download?
It solely depends on your requirement. If you need the old version you can go with Java 8 or Java 10 but if you are just planning to start with Java for the first time, download & install the latest version of Java. Choosing the latest Java update helps you to experience more features and a secure environment.
Direct Download Java Offline Installer for All Operating Systems
- Download Java 8 Offline Installer
- Download Java 11 Offline Installers for All Operating Systems
- Download Java 15 Offline Installers for All Operating Systems