There are times when you are not able to run some audio or video files downloaded from internet or copied from friends computer on your default windows media player. This is because you might not having Codecs and DirectShow filters needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats.
What you all need is K-Lite Codec Pack which is a collection of codecs and tools related to audio and video format. WithK-Lite Codec Pack’s very user-friendly interface you should be able to play nearly all movies and songs downloaded from internet.
Changes from K-Lite Codec Pack 5.8.3 FULL to K-Lite Codec Pack 5.9.0 FULL :
– Updated Media Player Classic Home Cinema to version 1.3.1774.0
– Updated ffdshow to revision 3361
– Updated Haali Media Splitter to version 22.214.171.124
– Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 4.3.0
– Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.31
– Updated Win7DSFilterTweaker to version 3.1
– Changed default video renderer in MPC-HC from “EVR Sync” to “EVR Custom Presenter” on Windows Vista, Windows 7
– The audio stream switcher in ffdshow is now enabled by default
– The Gabest MPEG splitter is now used by default for M2TS files
– Minor changes