Microsoft has released a new cumulative Update KB3135173 for Windows 10 1511. The update contains security updates, bug fixes and other minor improvements. This update replaced previously released update KB3124262. It also brings the previous Build 10586.71 all the way up to Build 10586.104
Microsoft Launches Windows 10 Update History Page
Addressing one of the biggest complaint of Windows 10 community, Microsoft has launched a dedicated page for providing detailed information about the cumulative updates released. You’ll see a summary of important product developments included in each update, with links to more details in Windows 10 Update History Page.
List Changes in KB3135173 Update
According to Microsoft’s new Windows 10 Update History page this update addresses the following:
This update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced this month. Key changes in this update include:
- Fixed issues with authentication, update installation, and operating system installation.
- Fixed issue with Microsoft Edge browser caching visited URLs while using InPrivate browsing.
- Fixed issue that didn’t allow simultaneous install of apps from the Windows Store and updates from Windows Update.
- Fixed issue that delayed the availability of songs added to the Groove Music app in Windows 10 Mobile.
- Improved security in the Windows kernel.
- Fixed security issues that could allow remote code execution when malware is run on a target system.
- Fixed security issues in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 that could allow code from a malicious website to be installed and run on a device.
- Fixed additional issues with the Windows UX, Windows 10 Mobile, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, and taskbar.
- Fixed additional security issues with .NET Framework, Windows Journal, Active Directory Federation Services, NPS Radius Server, kernel-mode drivers, and WebDAV.
Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4 (KB3135173)
Windows 10 Update KB3135173 Direct Download / Size 489.3 MB
How to Download KB3135173 update for Windows 10 Version 1511 ?
This patch is available from Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. Being a cumulative update means it has all previously released fixes. If you have installed previous updates, only new fixes that are included in this package will be downloaded and installed to your computer.
Direct Download KB3135173 Offline Installer
If you want to install this update on multiple machines manually, then you can also download standalone installer for Windows 10 update KB3135173 from the direct links given below :-
In case you found any improvements or face any problems after installing KB3135173 update, write about it in comments below.