Microsoft has released new July 2016 Cumulative Update KB3172985 for Windows 10 Version 1511 incrementing the OS Build to 10586.495. The update includes various bug fixes like black lock screen issues some user face when resuming from connected standby. Other bug bashed is the one where local user accounts weren’t locked after a number of failed sigh in attempts. Issues in Microsoft Silverlight based apps were also fixed. Reliability of Microsoft’s own apps like Windows Media Player, internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, Mircast and Windows kernel is also improved.
List of changes in KB3172985 Update
According to Microsoft’s Windows 10 Update History page the update addresses the following issues.
- Improved reliability of Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, Miracast, and Windows kernel.
- Fixed issue with some people seeing a black screen instead of the lock screen when resuming from connected standby.
- Fixed issue with DirectAccess where the Disconnect button appears in some cases when the connection isn’t fully established.
- Fixed issue where local user accounts weren’t locked after a number of failed sign in attempts.
- Improved support for video playback in certain apps that didn’t render video correctly after resuming from sleep.
- Fixed issue with Windows Phone losing user authentication certificates after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile in some cases.
- Improved support of the backup settings of apps on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Fixed issue where Microsoft Silverlight based apps wouldn’t install on Windows 10 Mobile after joining Azure Active Directory.
- Fixed additional issues in .NET, Windows Kernel, Windows Update, authentication, revised daylight saving time, support for PDF files, Bluetooth, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, networking, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Security updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Kernel Mode Drivers, Windows Kernel, .NET Framework, Windows Secure Kernel Mode, and Microsoft Print Spooler.
How to Download KB3172985 update for Windows 10 Version 1511 ?
This patch is available from Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. Being a cumulative update means it has all previously released fixes. If you have installed previous updates, only new fixes that are included in this package will be downloaded and installed to your computer.
Direct Download KB3172985 Offline Installer
If you want to install this update on multiple machines manually, then you can also download standalone installer for Windows 10 update KB3172985from the direct links given below :-
In case you found any improvements or face any problems after downloading & installing offline installer KB3172985 update, write about it in comments below.