Microsoft released the latest Windows 10 update KB4054517 that includes quality improvements and bug fixes. This Windows 10 Cumulative update KB4054517 is the first update of December 2017. You can download KB4054517 offline installer using official links that are provided later in this article.
The cumulative update KB4054517 doesn’t bring new operating system features as the development team is just polishing Windows 10 Fall Creators update.
If you own multiple systems running Windows 10 version 1709, you can download Windows 10 offline installer, instead of downloading updates on each system individually.
With the release of KB4054517 update, the OS build is incremented to 16299.125 and for the time being, Microsoft team is not aware of the issues with this update.
December Patch Tuesday KB4054517 update addressed the issues related to Windows Defender Device Guard, Application Control, personalized Bluetooth devices, touch keyboard, System Center Virtual Machine Manager and more. It also includes the security updates for Windows Server, Microsoft Edge, and Scripting Engine.
Changelog of KB4054517 Cumulative Update Windows 10 Version 1709
- Updates Internet Explorer’s default visibility for the button that launches Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses issue where Windows Defender Device Guard and Application Control block some applications from running, even in Audit-Only Enforcement Mode.
- Addresses issue to reset PLC bit on U0/U3 transitions.
- Addresses issue with personalized Bluetooth devices that don’t support bonding.
- Addresses issue where the touch keyboard doesn’t support the standard layout for 88 languages.
- Addresses issue where the touch keyboard for a third-party Input Method Editor (IME) has no IME ON/OFF key.
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Addresses issue where, when using System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM), the user can’t copy or clone virtual machines (VM). The error message is “0x80070057- Invalid parameter”. This issue affects the VMM UI and PowerShell scripts used for VM cloning and copying.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, and Windows Server.
Direct Download KB4054517 Offline Installer
Sometimes users face issues while downloading or installing Windows 10 updates. If you also encounter any problem when you download KB4054517 standalone installer, do share with us via comments below. We shall help you to resolve the Windows 10 update issues.