Microsoft released Windows 10 update KB4058258 that is packed with improvements and bug fixes. This update is available for the systems running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. The network administrators can download KB4058258 offline installer package and update all systems without Internet connectivity.
The OS build is incremented to 16299.214 and the known issues are revealed by the Microsoft team. You are suggested to apply this update without any delay for avoiding security issues.
Changelog of KB4058258 Update
- Addresses issue where users of Microsoft and Azure Active Directory accounts may see the password prompt repeatedly.
- Addresses a performance degradation observed in applications making heavy use of the .NET System.Diagnostics.StackTrace class.
- Addresses a compatibility issue where colors are distorted on some displays and televisions that have 10-bit or higher color depth.
- Addresses a condition where a second monitor that is connected to legacy AMD display adapters flashes after waking from sleep.
- Addresses issue that causes delays when switching keyboard languages using Alt+Shift.
- Addresses compatibility issues when rendering certain closed captions or subtitle formats during video playback.
- Addresses issue where the Microsoft Edge Allow Extension Group Policy for the disabled state was not working.
- Provides additional protections for 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows 10, version 1709.
- Resolves the issue reported by some customers on a small subset of older AMD processors where the processor entered an unbootable state after installing January 3, 2018—KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192).
Direct Download KB4058258 Offline Installer
- KB4058258 Standalone Package for 32-bit Windows – Download (Size: 364 MB)
- KB4058258 Standalone Package for 64-bit Windows – Download (Size: 665 MB)