As a part of Patch Tuesday, Microsoft released KB4074588 update on February 13, 2018 for the systems running the latest Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators Update). Just like another Windows 10 update KB4074592, there are no new operating systems features introduced with this KB4074588 cumulative update.
Microsoft team addressed a number of important issues in this update. The fixes included are related to Microsoft accounts belonging to children, docking & undocking Internet Explorer windows, logging issues in Microsoft Edge, time zone update, switching keyboard languages, MMC application snap-ins, App-V client and more. You can go through a full list of changelog of KB4074588 update from this post.
Along with this Windows 10 cumulative update KB4074588, Microsoft released KB4074592 update for version 1703 to fix various Windows 10 issues.
Changelog of Windows 10 Update KB4074588
- Addresses issue where child accounts are able to access InPrivate mode on ARM devices even though their browsing and search history is sent to their parents. This occurs only on Microsoft accounts belonging to children that are managed using the Microsoft Family service and for which parents have enabled activity reporting. This applies to Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Addresses issue with docking and undocking Internet Explorer windows.
- Addresses issue in Internet Explorer where pressing the delete key inserted a new line in input boxes in an application.
- Addresses issue in Internet Explorer where selected elements wouldn’t update under certain circumstances.
- Addresses issue where some users may have experienced issues logging into some websites when using third-party account credentials in Microsoft Edge.
- Updates time zone information.
- Addresses issue with browser Compatibility View settings that occurs during updates.
- Addresses issue where, in certain hardware configurations, the frame rates of DirectX Games were unintentionally limited to a factor of the display’s vertical synchronization.
- Addresses issue that causes delays when switching keyboard languages using Alt+Shift.
- Addresses issue where surround sound audio endpoints reverted to stereo after restarting.
- Improves and reduces conditions where certain Bluetooth keyboards drop keys during reconnection scenarios.
- Corrects mouse delays for devices that incorrectly report the battery level status.
- Addresses issue where MMC application snap-ins—such as Services, Local Policy Admin, and Printer Management—fail to run when Windows Defender Application Control (Device Guard) is turned on. The error is “Object doesn’t support this property or method”.
- Prevents use of the Pre-production Onesettings endpoint for Windows Setup when test signing is enabled.
- Addresses issue where installations of Windows Server, version 1709 are not automatically activated using the Automated Virtual Machine Activation (AVMA) feature on Hyper-V hosts that have been activated.
- Addresses issue with the Auto-register Inbox templates feature for UEV where the Scheduled Task didn’t have the proper trigger.
- Addresses issue where the App-V client didn’t read the policy for SyncOnBatteriesEnabled when the policy was set using a Group Policy Object (GPO).
- Addresses issue where the Supported On field for the Enable App-V Client policy is blank in the Group Policy editor.
- Addresses issue where the user’s hive data in the registry is not maintained correctly when some App-V packages belong to the connection group.
- Provides additional logging for administrators to take action, such as picking a proper configuration for their App-V package, when there are multiple configuration files for a single package.
- Addresses issue with App-V packages that aren’t compatible with registry virtualization using kernel containers. To address the issue, we changed the registry virtualization to use the earlier (non-container) method by default. Customers who would like to use the new (kernel container) method for registry virtualization can still switch to it by setting the following registry value to 1:
- Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Compatibility
- Setting: ContainerRegistryEnabled
- DataType: DWORD
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Windows Search component, Windows Kernel, Windows Authentication, Device Guard, Common Log File System driver, and the Windows storage and file systems.