March 2018 Patch Tuesday: A list of updates for all supported versions of Microsoft Windows is available for download. Grab the latest Windows 10 cumulative update KB4088782 for the systems running Creators Update (version 1703). This latest Windows 10 update increments the OS build to 15063.966. If you are not sure about the version of Windows you are running, you can type winver in the start menu and check the Windows version and OS build.
With this KB4088782 update, Microsoft introduces quality improvements and bug fixes. There are no new features packed in this update. Windows 10 update KB4088782 offline installer direct links are available in this post. The network administrators find it beneficial to download standalone installer package and update multiple systems.
Microsoft published the release notes and changelog of KB4088782 which revealed the issues that are addressed in this update. Apply the Windows patch to avoid security issues and have better performance.
Improvements and Fixes Introduced in KB4088782 Update
- Addresses issue with printing XML documents in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses issue where Internet Explorer stops working when using F12-based developer tools.
- Updates legacy Document Mode cell visibility in Internet Explorer.
- Addresses issue where Internet Explorer is unresponsive in certain scenarios when a Browser Helper Object is installed.
- Addresses issue that causes online video playback to stop responding.
- Addresses issue where, after installing KB4056891, KB4057144, or KB4074592 on a server, you may not be able to access SMB shared files in directory junction points or volume mount points hosted on that server. The error is “ERROR_INVALID_REPARSE_DATA”. As a result, editing some group policies using GPMC or AGPM 4.0 may fail with the error “The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071128)”.
- Due to recent work with our antivirus (AV) partners, AV software has now reached a sustained level of broad compatibility with Windows updates. After analyzing the available data, we’re lifting the AV compatibility check for the March 2018 Windows security updates for supported Windows 10 devices through Windows Update. We’ll continue to require that AV software be compatible. Devices with known AV driver compatibility problems will be blocked from updates. We recommend that customers check installed AV software compatibility with their AV provider.
- Addresses issue in which WPF applications that are running on touch or stylus-enabled systems may stop working or stop responding after some time without any touch activity.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Microsoft Graphics component, Windows Kernel, Windows Shell, Windows MSXML, Windows Installer, and Windows Hyper-V.
Direct Download KB4088782 Offline Installer
- KB4088782 Standalone Package for 32-bit Windows – Download (Size: 604 MB)
- KB4088782 Standalone Package for 64-bit Windows – Download (Size: 1.0 GB)
You may like:
- Download KB4088776 Cumulative Update Offline Installer for Windows 10 Version 1709
- Download KB4088875 and KB4088878 Offline Installer for Windows 7 SP1 March Patch Tuesday
- Download KB4088876 and KB4088879 Offline Installer for Windows 8.1 March Patch Tuesday