Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 update KB4598229 for the PCs running version 1909. Patch Tuesday update KB4598229 includes some notable enhancements and fixes for the Windows 10 bugs. No new features are introduced in this January 2021 Windows 10 cumulative update. It’s suggested to download KB4598229 offline installer and apply the patch to avoid security issues and improve the performance of Windows 10.
Windows 10 cumulative update KB4598229 is available for 32-bit and 64-bit PCs. Get KB4598229 standalone installer using direct download links from the same post or Microsoft Update Catalog.
Windows 10 Update KB4598229 (OS Build 18363.1316) Highlights
- Updates to improve security when using external devices, such as game controllers, printers, and web cameras.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Improvements and Fixes Included in KB4598229 Update for Windows 10, Version 1909
- Addresses a security vulnerability issue with HTTPS-based intranet servers. After installing this update, HTTPS-based intranet servers cannot, by default, use a user proxy to detect updates. Scans using these servers will fail if you have not configured a system proxy on the clients. If you must use a user proxy, you must configure the behavior using the policy “Allow user proxy to be used as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails.” To ensure the highest levels of security, also use Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificate pinning on all devices. This change does not affect customers who are using HTTP WSUS servers. For more information, see Changes to scans, improved security for Windows devices.
- Addresses a security bypass vulnerability that exists in the way the Printer Remote Procedure Call (RPC) binding handles authentication for the remote Winspool interface. For more information, see KB4599464.
- Addresses an issue that might damage the file system of some devices and prevent them from starting up after running chkdsk /f.
- Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Kernel, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, Windows Peripherals, and Windows Hybrid Storage Services.