Microsoft released Windows 10 cumulative update KB4093112 as a part of April Patch Tuesday. This update is available for Windows 10 version 1709 (Windows 10 Fall Creators Update). As Microsoft team is working on next major update, we can’t expect new features in KB4093112 update. The update includes bug fixes and improvements that are listed on Microsoft support page. Some of the known issues are also revealed by the Microsoft team.
The direct download links for KB4093112 offline installer (x86 or x64 version) are uploaded on Microsoft Update Catalog and also available in this blog post. If you want to update your system without any delay, you can access these links. After installing this latest update, check the OS build, you can notice that the OS build increments to 16299.371.
Microsoft addressed a huge list of issues in this update that as found in the previous update (KB4089848) or reported by security researchers. Although most of the security issues addressed in this update aimed at enterprises, still the general users can get enhancements and bug fixes.
Changelog of KB4093112 Windows 10 Update
- Provides support to control usage of Indirect Branch Prediction Barrier (IBPB) within some AMD processors (CPUs) for mitigating CVE-2017-5715, Spectre Variant 2 when switching from user context to kernel context (See AMD Architecture Guidelines Around Indirect Branch Control and AMD Security Updates for more details). Follow instructions outlined in KB4073119 for Windows Client (IT Pro) guidance to enable usage of IBPB within some AMD processors (CPUs) for mitigating Spectre Variant 2 when switching from user context to kernel context.
- Addresses an issue that causes an access violation in Internet Explorer when it runs on the Microsoft Application Virtualization platform.
- Addresses an issue in Enterprise Mode related to redirects in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses an issue that generates an access violation on certain pages in Internet Explorer when it renders SVGs under a high load.
- Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
- Addresses an issue that might cause the App-V service to stop working on an RDS server that hosts many users.
- Addresses an issue where user accounts are locked when applications are moved to a shared platform using App-V (e.g., XenApp 7.15+ with Windows Server 2016, where Kerberos authentication isn’t available).
- Addresses an issue with printing content generated by ActiveX in Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an issue that causes document.execCommand(“copy”) to always return False in Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an issue that, in some instances, prevents Internet Explorer from identifying custom controls.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Windows kpp platform and frameworks, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows graphics, Windows Server, Windows kernel, Windows datacenter networking, Windows wireless networking, Windows virtualization and Kernel, and Windows Hyper-V.
Direct Download KB4093112 Offline Installer
KB4093112 Standalone Package for 32-bit Windows – Download (Size: 404 MB)
KB4093112 Standalone Package for 64-bit Windows – Download (Size: 738 MB)