Download Windows 10 ISO files to perform a clean installation of Windows 10, upgrade Windows version, configure a new PC or reinstall Windows 10 to fix system issues.
If you have a valid Windows 10 license, you can download free Windows 10 ISO files from official Microsoft servers using direct download links provided in this blog post.
The direct download links of Windows ISO allows you to download latest Windows 10 version. If you are also one of them who are still using Windows 7 or 8.1 and now want to upgrade it to the latest version of Windows, it would be useful to download ISO of Windows 10.
Once you download Windows 10 ISO Images, you can prepare a bootable USB drive of Windows 10, install Windows 10 directly from the ISO file and you can also burn Windows 10 to a DVD if you want to install Windows 10 on multiple PCs.
Download Windows 10 Latest Version
Download and Install Windows 10 using Update Assistant
If you are already using Windows 10, this is the easiest method that helps you to update to the latest version of Windows 10.
- To get started, navigate to the official Windows 10 Download Page and hit the Update Now button. The .exe file of Windows Update Assistant will be downloaded.
- Run the executable file and User Account Control window will popup, click on Yes. The Windows 10 Update Assistant will show the version that your PC is currently running and the latest version available. Now you hit Update Now button to upgrade Windows 10 to the latest version.
- The next window will show you the compatibility of your PC for the latest Windows update.
- Now the Windows 10 Update download process will start automatically. Wait until the download completes. You can minimize the Window and keep on working.
- After that, it will start updating Windows 10.
- Finally, when the update will be ready, you will be asked to save your work as you need to restart the PC to apply the changes. You can hit Restart later link if you want to install the Windows 10 update later. The update will be installed automatically when the PC is free. If you don’t take any action, the system will be restarted after the completion of the count down.
Download Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tool
For the clean installation of Windows 10, you can create Windows 10 installation media. This method is useful when you are going to set up a new PC or performs a fresh installation to fix Windows issues.
First of all, make sure you already have a license to install Windows 10 as Windows 10 free version is not available. If you do not have a license, purchase that to enjoy Windows 10 Operating System.
Follows the below-given steps to download Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tool:
- Head to Windows 10 Download Page, jump to the second section “Create Windows 10 installation media” and hit the Download tool now button.
- Run the executable file and the User Account Control window will popup, hit on Yes.
- Windows 10 setup window will appear. To accept the license agreement, hit the Accept button.
- Select the second option “Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD or ISO) file for another PC.
- Select the preferred language, Windows edition, and architecture. Now hit the Next button.
- In the next window, you are asked to select the media, you want to use. If you want to use a USB flash drive, connect it to the system before proceeding. On the other hand, download ISO file (bootable), if you want it to burn later to the DVD.
- If you select USB Flash Drive, the next window will show the connected USB. Hit the Next button to start Windows 10 download. Your USB Flash Drive gets ready in few minutes.
- You need to select the storage place in case you download the bootable ISO of Windows 10. Same as the above step, click next to download Windows 10 ISO.
Download Windows 10 ISO directly without Media Creation Tool
To download Windows 10 ISO Image File, follow the below-given instructions:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser and head to Windows 10 Download Page. Click on the three-dot menu appearing on the top right corner of the Chrome browser. Select More Tools > Developer Tools. You can use shortcut keys (Ctrl+Shift+I) collectively to open Developer tools directly.
- Now click on the three-dot menu under the developer tools pane. Select More tools > Network conditions.
- Scroll down to the “User-Agent” section, uncheck “Select Automatically.”
- You will notice a long list of pre-configured user agents. You need to choose the preferred one. Click the drop-down menu and select any option. Here, we are going to select Chrome OS. This trick is being used to pretend to be a non-Windows user.
- Now refresh the Windows 10 download page while keeping the Developer Tools pane open. After reloading, you’ll notice a drop-down menu where you can select the edition of the Windows 10 ISO that you require to download.
- Select the Edition and hit the Confirm button.
- Choose the preferred language and click the Confirm button.
- Now select either 32-bit or 64-bit file to download.
- The downloading process will automatically start. If prompt, select a destination for downloading Windows 10 ISO Files and then click “Save.”
That’s it. Now close the Chrome’s Developer Tool to get it back to the normal state.
Note: Do keep in mind, the download links of Windows 10 ISO Images will be valid for 24-hours only. Complete the download process within the time period otherwise, you will have to perform the entire process again to get Windows 10 ISO.
System requirements for installing latest Windows 10
Before proceeding to upgrade Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, make sure that your system meets the below given requirements for Windows 10 installation:
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- RAM: 1 GB for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Storage: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 32 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800×600