Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4048955 has been released and available to download via Windows Update or Microsoft update catalog. This latest Windows 10 update KB4048955 is the security update released on Patch Tuesday for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
If your device is running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709, you are recommended to apply this latest Windows update and secure your Windows system. The direct download KB4048955 offline installer Windows 10 Update links are available in this blog post that let you apply the update to multiple systems in an offline environment.
With KB4048955 update, the OS build is incremented to 16299.64. Being a Windows 10 security update, KB4048955 update contains only the bug fixes related to Mixed Reality Portal, Microsoft DirectX games, Microsoft Designer Keyboards’ functional keys, Microsoft JET Database Engine and more.
Changelog of KB4048955 Windows 10 Version 1709
- Addressed issue that causes the Mixed Reality Portal to stop responding to launch.
- Addressed issue that causes a black screen to appear when you switch between windowed and full-screen modes when playing some Microsoft DirectX games.
- Addressed a compatibility issue that occurs when you play back a Game DVR PC recording using Android or iOS devices.
- Addressed issue where the functional keys stop working on Microsoft Designer Keyboards.
- Addressed issue to ensure that certain USB devices and head-mounted displays (HMD) are enumerated properly after the system wakes up from Connected Standby.
- Addressed issue where the virtual smart card doesn’t assess the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) vulnerability correctly.
- Addressed issue where Get-StorageJob returns nothing when there are storage jobs running on the machine.
- Addressed issue where applications based on the Microsoft JET Database Engine (Microsoft Access 2007 and older or non-Microsoft applications) fail when creating or opening Microsoft Excel .xls files. The error message is: “Unexpected error from external database driver (1). (Microsoft JET Database Engine)”.
- Addressed issue where application tiles are missing from the Start menu. Additionally, applications that the Store app show as installed don’t appear on the application list of the Start menu. Computers that have Internet connectivity and upgrade on or after November 14, 2017, will receive this preventative solution and avoid this issue. Machines that lack network connectivity or have already encountered this issue should follow the steps in the Microsoft Answers thread “Missing apps after installing Windows 10 Fall Creators Update”. Microsoft will release and document an additional solution in a future release.
- Addressed issue where Microsoft Edge cannot create a WARP support process and appears to stop responding for up to 3 seconds during a wait timeout. During the timeout period, users cannot navigate or interact with the requested page.
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel, Internet Explorer, and Windows Media Player.
How to Download KB4048955 update for Windows 10 Version 1709
This patch is available in Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updates, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. Being a cumulative update means it contains all previously released fixes. If you have installed previous updates, only new fixes that are included in this package will be downloaded and installed to your computer. You can create a shortcut for Windows Update for the quick access.
Direct Download KB4048955 Offline Installer
KB4048955 Standalone Package for 32-bit Windows – Download (Size: 208 MB)
KB4048955 Standalone Package for 64-bit Windows – Download (Size: 373 MB)