The OnePlus company has started to give security patch updates for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T devices. Oxygen OS 4.1.7 August patch is rolling out now and if you are running OnePlus 3/3T you will get this update in few days. But if you are eager to flash OxygenOS 4.1.7 August patch on your device without any delay, you can follow the step-by-step guide explained in this article.
OxygenOS 4.1.7 August patch is available to download via official links. This patch incorporates improvements and bug fixes related to device’s battery, sound channel, Indian Kannada language and more.
We recommend you to back up your data before initiating to flash OxygenOS 4.1.7 on OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T device as this may lead to loss of data. Apart from this, you should keep a backup of your device’s Stock ROM as you may require it in case of process failure.
Google announced that Hangouts will be removed if you have never updated. If you want to use Hangouts, be sure to update it from Play Store
Note: Users have to perform this tutorial on their own risk. We don’t take responsibility for any damage to the device.
What’s New in OxygenOS 4.1.7
- Enhanced system fluidity
- Battery optimizations
- Android security patch updated to August
- Addressed Sound channel error while recording videos
- Addressed the issue which leads to Call routed to speaker accidentally by some 3rd party apps
- Addressed Rendering issue in Indian Kannada language
- Addressed App locker issue caused by some 3rd party apps
Step-by-Step Guide to Flash OxygenOS 4.1.7 August Patch
- Download the software build (ROM zip files) for your device (OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T) using direct download links given below.
Direct Download OnePlus 3T OxygenOS 4.1.7 (Size: 1.42 GB)
Direct Download OnePlus OxygenOS 4.1.7 (Size: 1.42 GB)
- You need to have all the adb files on your computer before proceeding. If you don’t have, you can use the utility called Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool to install the latest version of adb and fastboot files.
Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool (Size: 906 KB)
- Turn off your OnePlus 3 or OnePlus 3T phone and turn on it while holding the power and volume button simultaneously to reboot the device into recovery mode.
- On the recovery screen, hit “Install from USB” option and then tap on OK under “Upgrade Android from USB”. The message “you are in sideload mode” will appear on the screen. Original Oxygen Recovery is available on non-rooted devices. You can also use TWRP Recovery to flash OxygenOS 4.1.7.
- Now connect your OnePlus 3/3T device to your computer using USB cable. Launch the command prompt and run the following command.
Windows: “Adb sideload “
Mac or Linux: “./Adb sideload “
- Now the device will start to update to the Oxygen OS 4.1.7. You need to wait for a while. Finally, reboot your device after the completion of flash process.
Let us know about your experience of using OxygenOS 4.1.7 by leaving the comments below.