Mozilla Weave Sync is a Firefox add-on from Mozilla Labs which enables you to synchronize web browser’s data like bookmarks, browsing history, preferences, history, passwords and tabs across different computers and mobile devices.The data is encrypted by Mozilla Weave before it is transferred to servers where it is stored to be synchronized with other devices or computer running Firefox.After installing the add-on you have to make an account on Mozilla Weave server and select the data you like to sync.
Weave Sync currently supports continuous synchronization of your bookmarks, browsing history, saved passwords and tabs.
Feature of Mozilla Weave Sync :
- Get the same results on the Smart Location Bar on each of your Firefox browsers, so you can get to your favorite sites with just a few keystrokes.
- Continue what you were doing: have the ability to open any tab you have open on any of your Firefox browsers Keep the same list of bookmarks on all of your Firefox browsers.
- Easily sign in to all your favorite sites using your saved passwords (this is especially handy on mobile phones, where it’s hard to type in complex passwords)
- Do it all securely: Weave Sync encrypts user data before uploading it to Mozilla’s servers, so that only you can access your data.
Changes in Mozilla Weave Sync Release Candidate
- Faster startup times for Firefox and Fennec
- Make tabs available immediately when setting up another computer
- Automatically use the synced lightweight theme (Firefox 3.6+)
- Better integration with Fennec UX
- Avoid triggering master password prompt on launching Firefox
Download Weave Sync 1.0 Release Candidate