To add multiple monitors or not is a matter of personal choice. But using multiple monitors with your desktop or laptop can help you manage your work more efficiently. Multiple displays can help us multitasking our work and be more efficient, which is very much true in my case. From the day I started using multiple display setup on my desktop, I am able to complete my work much more faster and efficiently, making me more productive.
Adding multiple displays is uniquely useful for keeping track of various programs simultaneously. It helps to save energy and to reduce memory load by keeping more of your work in front of you.
Multiple displays are being used by:
- The professionals, who need to review the previous reports while preparing the latest one.
- Anyone who need to write and read simultaneously.
- Anyone who need to keep an eye on the information while working on a different program. For example accessing email as well as preparing presentation without switching the programs.
Steps to add Multiple Monitors
- First connect the additional monitor with your systems.
- Now access the Settings of your desktop. Then click on the first option i.e. System.
- On the next screen, you will see a list of options on the left side of the screen. Click on the Display option.
- Now you can see the graphical representation of both displays with identity numbers on the right side of the screen. You can adjust the location of your additional display by click and drag. The additional display can be on left, right or top of the main display.
- Note that cursor will move to the side (left/right/top) where you adjust your additional display.
- There are three options just below the graphical representation of the displays. These are Identity, Detect and Connect to a wireless display. Click on the Identity option and you will see the identity number of each display. It helps to manage the direction of the displays according to the identity.
- The next option is Detect. In case the additional display is not showing in the graphical representation, then you can detect that by using this option.
- The third option is used to connect wireless display. When you click on this option, it starts to search wireless display and audio devices.
- Furthermore you can also change the size of text, apps etc. by using the next option. Move the slider to right side if you want to change the size.
- The next option is Orientation which let you change alignment of the displays. Click on the drop down menu under Orientation and you will see four options of alignment. Try each option and see the difference.
- You can adjust the brightness level of displays by using the slider of next option.
- Now open the drop down menu under the option of Multiple displays and select the required option.
- Click on the Apply button to make the changes.
- The final option is Advanced display settings. It offers you to make advanced changes like resolution, color management and color calibration etc. You can make the settings as per your requirement.
- Note: – How many displays can you connect is largely depends on the graphic card of your desktop or laptop.