Screen flicking issue resolved. Troubleshooting tips to fix screen flashing Problem in windows 10
Some of the Windows 10 users are facing screen flickering issue after updating their systems and are unable to launch any program at the time of flickering. Even after restarting the PCs, the issues remain unsolved. There may be several causes of this problem and we are providing few method that will help you to resolve the issues.
The diagnosed causes of screen flashing are incompatible display drivers and applications .
To Find the Cause of Screen Flickering Issue
Before solving the issues, you need to troubleshoot the problem. To do this, follow the below explained steps:
- Right click on the empty area of Taskbar and select Task Manager to launch it. You can also use shortcut key Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager directly.
- Now notice screen flickering carefully. There may be two chances, the first is that everything flickers except Task Manager. In this case, the cause of screen flashing is incompatible application.
- On the other hand the Task Manager also flickers along with everything on screen. The cause of flickering problem would be Graphic drivers.
How to Fix Screen Flickering Issue
After analyzing the exact cause of screen flashing, you can fix the issue. We are providing the solution for all causes of screen flickering. You can opt the method as per your requirement.
1. Uninstall Incompatible Application
Sometimes the third party applications don’t have compatibility with your Windows 10 PC therefore your PC screen starts flickering. At that moment you should shortlist the third party (incompatible) apps installed in your PC and then uninstall them one by one. To uninstall incompatible apps follow the below explained steps:
- Click on start menu, type the name of the incompatible app to find it.
- Right click on the app and select the last option i.e. Uninstall.
- Now, a pop up window will appear. Just click on “Uninstall”.
When you uninstall the first doubtful application, reboot your PC and check if the screen flashing issue is resolved or not. If you face same problem then uninstall another incompatible application and check again.
2. Update Graphic Drivers to fix screen flashing in windows 10
If screen flickering problem is due to graphic drivers, you need to remove current graphic drivers and reinstall the latest drivers available. For this you have to start your Windows 10 PC in safe mode.
How to start your Computer in safe mode
- Launch Settings app on your PC and click on Update & Security.
- Click on Recovery that is appearing on the left pane of the window. Then on the right pane, click on Restart now under “Advanced start-up” section.
- Click on Troubleshoot and then on Advanced options.
- Click on Startup Settings.
- Click on Restart.
- Now when your computer reboots, the number of options will be displayed on screen. Select the 4th option (Enable Safe Mode) or 5th option (Enable Safe Mode with Networking) as per your choice.
- The safe mode will be enabled.
How to Uninstall Graphic Card Drivers
Right click on the start button to open Power User Menu and select Device Manager.
Click on Display adapters to expand it. Right click on the driver and select Uninstall or Uninstall Device.
The pop-up window will appear. Check mark the “Delete the driver software for this device”. Click OK to confirm the uninstallation of Graphic drivers.
Now restart your Windows 10 PC.
How to Reinstall the Graphic Drivers
- Go to Settings> Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update on the left pane of window.
- Click “Check for updates” button to download and install the graphic drivers.
If you are still facing same problem of screen flashing, you are recommended to try old version of graphic drivers.
Fix Screen Flickering Issue Using System Configuration
There is one more method to get rid of screen flickering issue. You can opt this method if the above given methods don’t resolve the issue.
- Press Win key + R to open Run app. Type msconfig and hit OK button.
- Switch to Services tab and uncheck two services “Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel” and “Windows Error Reporting Service”. Hit OK button to apply changes.
That’s it. Now restart your PC and hopefully you will not face the screen flickering issue on your Windows 10. If you ever used another method in order to cope with this issue, do share your experience with us via comments.