Windows 10 device driver is an essential software component that is used by devices to interact with Windows OS. This small software enables the communication between Windows OS and specific hardware like network adapter, hard drive, audio input & output, display adapter, and graphic card. It also detects and interacts with peripherals including the keyboard, mouse, printer, scanner, monitor and more. To keep your system working you need to update windows 10 device drivers regularly.
If the specific driver is not installed on your Windows PC, the device may not function properly. You may encounter Windows 10 hardware issues if you have installed outdated device drivers. To combat the issues of the system, you can go through a complete step by step guide to update Windows 10 drivers.
Generally, Windows 10 Operating System detects the latest device drivers update and installs them automatically. Microsoft has an extensive driver library to update a range of computer hardware devices that is built into the system and Windows Update.
When you start facing crashes, stability issues and the problem with the functioning of the peripherals. You are suggested to update Windows drivers before trying some other troubleshooting methods. Also keep your windows Updated with latest windows 10 offline updates.
We are providing the best ways to update Windows 10 device drivers. You can use any of these methods and get rid of common issues.
First Method: To Update Windows Drivers Using Windows Update
This method of Windows 10 drivers update is recommended one as the update packages received directly from Microsoft are tested, verified and signed by Microsoft hence they are authentic and safe to use.
Generally, the device drivers are automatically downloaded and installed through Windows Update if you have enabled automatic updates in Windows 10.
Sometimes you may find a problem with automatic detection of hardware or peripheral due to the outdated drivers. At that moment, you can download and install the latest Windows drivers and resolve the issues.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to properly update drivers and get rid of the Windows issues:
- Open Settings app on your Windows 10 PC.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on the Windows Update link appearing on the left side of the window.
- Hit the Check for updates button.
- If one or more drivers are missing, this process will download and install drivers update automatically.
You may like:
Second Method: To Update Windows Drivers Through Device Manager
You can update drivers manually on Windows 10 through the Device Manager and solve hardware issues. Here’s a step by step guide:
- Click Windows and X keys collectively from the keyboard to launch Windows 10 Device Manager. Another method to open it is, type “Device Manager” in the Start menu and hit the first result.
- Now scroll down to the relevant device drivers and expand the category. For instance, if you are having an issue with sound, video or game controller, you need to expand the category and right-click on the appropriate option and click Update Driver Software.
- Now click “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- That’s it. Windows 10 device drivers will be updated.
Third Method: To Update Windows Drivers Through Manufacturer’s Website
Another method to update drivers of Windows is to download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website. For this here’s a detail of what you need to do:
- Visit the support section of the Manufacturer.
- Find and download device drivers.
- Open the Device Manager on your Windows 10.
- Now scroll down to the relevant device drivers and expand the category. Right-click on the appropriate option and hit Update Driver Software.
- When the popup window appears, choose the option “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Navigate the storage drive where you have saved the downloaded driver and proceed to install it. Do not forget to include subfolders.
Fourth Method: To Update Windows Drivers Through DriverPack Solution
DriverPack is the utility developed for the network administrators as well as the individuals. It is an ultimate tool that is packed with almost every device driver. As the DriverPack contains device drivers for all popular Windows versions including Windows 10, 8.1, 7 and XP, you can use it to install the latest drivers on any version of Windows.
Note: The users can use this tool at their own risk. Although we never face any problem while using DriverPack, still we do not take any liability if you face any issue.
Follow the step-by-step guide to use DriverPack:
- Visit the official website of DriverPack Solution.
- You would notice 3 options of download: DriverPack Online, DriverPack Offline Network, and DriverPack Offline Full.
- Download DriverPack Online, if you want to update drivers of a single PC. This option requires an internet connection to download and install drivers pack. It’s a small package of about 7 MB data.
- DriverPack Offline Network works if you are required to update drivers for network hardware (Lan/Wi-Fi). As it is an offline package, there is no need for an internet connection once you download DriverPack Offline Network. The size of this package is 587 MB.
- DriverPack Offline Full package is available for the network admins who regularly require to update Windows device drivers on different systems without internet connectivity. The size of the full package of DriverPack is 19 GB.
- After downloading the required package of DriverPack, run the installer and follow the instructions.