VLC Media Player 3.0.5 Vetinari stable version is released by VideoLAN. No new feature is inducted in this latest VLC Media Player. This released is termed as bug fix release as various bugs in previous version of this top cross-platform media player are fixed.
There was a minor security issue detected by the VLC development team in some of the third-party libraries used by VLC Media Player. Those libraries were upgraded and security issue was plugged.
Chromecast support is improved along with updates to YouTube support feature. It also fixes subtitle rendering issue with some specific fonts.
VLC Media Player 3.0.5 complete change-log
* Improve RTSP playback
* BluRay fixes and improvements, notably for menus and seeking
* Improve the UDP/RTP truncated issue
* Add a new AV1 decoder based on dav1d library
* Enable libaom decoder by default
* Fix decoding of some HEVC streams with macOS hardware decoding
* MP4: Fix reading of some HDR metadata
* Miscellaneous AV1 demuxing improvements
* Fix CAF integer-underflow
* Fix an MKV crash on iOS 12.0, on iPhone XS phones
* Add an AV1 packetizer
* Starting with VLC 3.0.5, VLC will be distributed with runtime hardening
enabled on macOS Mojave.
All external VLC plugins need to be signed by a DeveloperID certificate in order
to continue working with the official VLC package.
* Update the VLC dark UI to better match the dark mode of macOS Mojave
* Fix convert & save panel stream option
* Fix corking when the playback state is paused
* Improve corking on Android
* Fix Direct3D11 tone-mapping when HDR is displayed on an SDR screen
* More accurate colors for SD sources in Direct3D11
* Disable hardware decoding on some old Intel GPUs
* Fix zero-copy GPU acceleration on AMD RX Vega
* Misc Direct3D11 fixes
* Improve ChromeCast
* Update numerous 3rd party libraries, including for minor security issues
* Update Youtube support
* Fix subtitles rendering with specific fonts with negative horizontal advance