Microsoft has released the latest preview build for the Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring. Windows 10 Build 17746 is packed with a bunch of bug fixes, improvements as well as some other changes. Microsoft’s Dona Sarkar has also revealed some known issues of this preview build.
Like other recent preview builds, Windows 10 Build 17746 doesn’t include new features. Microsoft’s team is focusing to improve the performance of Windows 10 by fixing bugs and introducing changes.
Apart from the general changelog of Windows 10 Build 17746, Microsoft is shipping Your Phone App to the Release Preview Ring Insiders with PCs running Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803). Even the Microsoft’s team is exploring the new name for Screen Sketch with Skip Ahead Insiders.
Changelog of Windows 10 Build 17746
- We fixed an issue where Narrator would incorrectly report some standard combo boxes as “editable combo box” instead of “combo box”.
- We fixed an issue in Windows Mixed Reality causing motion controllers to need to be repaired after initial setup before appearing in the headset. If you still experience this, please file feedback in Feedback Hub.
- We fixed an issue for Japanese and German where when you reset your PC (from Settings > Update & Security > Recovery) the progress percent would be written in the middle of the string rather than at the end.
- We fixed an issue when using Italian as your display language where the Yes button to confirm file deletion would sometimes disappear when trying to delete a OneDrive file via File Explorer.
- Thanks for everyone that’s shared feedback about naming the tabs you’ve set aside in Microsoft Edge. We’re evaluating the right approach for this feature and in the meantime, it has been removed from RS5 builds.
Known Issues in Windows 10 Build 17746
- You may experience a bugcheck (GSOD) when logging out of your user profile or shutting down your PC.
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.