Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16215 for PC in the fast ring. This latest Insider Preview build 16215 incorporates loads of new and amazing features, improvements, and fixes.
The new features of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 16215 reflect the spark of creativity and are developed by considering lots of user requirements as well as user feedback. This Windows 10 build 16215 is considered to be a giant build.
New Features and Improvements Introduced in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16215
- Introduced new User Interface for Start and Action Center in order to improve the user experience.
- Microsoft Edge features such as the facility to pin favorite websites to the Taskbar, full-screen mode, ability to annotate EPUB Books by highlighting in four colors, underlining and adding comments, addition & editing of notes and much more.
- Cortana’s new features such as vision intelligence, camera roll insights, use the lasso tool to circle the relevant information.
- New XAML-based handwriting panel with lots of gestures, emoji, easier editing and more. Your handwritten words will convert to the typed form. This build 16215 will improve your writing experience as it incorporates the facilities to make corrections by overwriting the converted text & using ink gestures, easier access to emoji and symbols, reducing the chance of palm rejection, floating by default, improved handwriting recognition for English, and facility to find your lost pen.
- Introduced Pen interaction improvements such as scrolling and selection with the pen.
- Hardware keyboard improvements like Emoji Panel, and touch keyboard experience.
- Introduced Shell improvements such as enhanced share experience, copy link and new local media folder detection for UWPs.
- Improvements in My People.
- Night light improvements.
- Introduced new video playback settings, new HDR and advanced color settings page, per app defaults settings page, updated Network connection properties page, new context menu for Wi-Fi networks.
- You can view your active Windows update policies and understand your updates status.
- Improved Games experience.
- Introduced developers improvements such as Per app runtime broker, Windows subsystem for Linux (WSL) don’t require Developer mode now, and Hyper-V gets virtual battery support.
- Added more features and improvements such as ease of access, added UD Digital Kyokasho-tai Fonts, traditional Chinese & Japanese IME improvements.
List of Changes, Improvements and Fixes for PC Introduced in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16215
- Language Packs via Settings > Time & language > Region & language are available again starting with this build.
- The issue causing updating to the latest builds to get stuck at 12% should be fixed. If you still hit this, please send us feedback in Feedback Hub so the team can investigate.
- We fixed the issue causing you to be unable to type in your password to log into any UWP apps such as Netflix, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Messenger apps.
- We fixed the issue causing Outlook 2016 to hang on launch due to an issue where the spam filter gets stuck reading the Outlook Data File and the UI waits indefinitely for it to return.
- We fixed an issue from the previous flight where Microsoft Edge would crash when enabling or disabling extensions.
- We’ve removed the power option to “update and shutdown” for now as it wasn’t working.
- You may see Recovery Drive tool show up under “Recently added” on Start after updating to this build. We have made a change that makes the tool, previously only accessible via Control Panel, to now be available in the Windows Administrative Tools folder in Start.
- We fixed an issue where an unexpected Wireless Display Media Viewer app with a blank icon was visible in Start after upgrading on certain devices.
- We’ve made some improvements to our facial recognition, along with a new toast you’ll see prompting you to further train Windows Hello if having issues signing in when a large amount of backlighting detected.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Hello Face failing to work on the previous flight for a large number of non-English languages.
- We fixed an issue resulting in games such as Civilization VI, Galactic Civilizations III, and Expeditions: Viking failing to launch on recent builds.
- We fixed an issue where inbox UWP app icons were overscaled in Cortana search results.
- We’ve heard your feedback, and have adjusted the text in our prompt to initiate cross device notifications from saying “Trust this PC?” to now say “You got a message on your phone. Want to see phone messages on this PC too?”.
- We fixed the issue causing some people to hit Error 0x8000ffff while trying to launch an isolated Edge session in Windows Defender Application Guard.
If you are enrolled as Windows Insider, install this latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16215 on your PC and experience these awesome features. Do share your experience with us and provide feedback to Microsoft.