Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16294 for the PC in the Fast ring. This latest Windows 10 build is available only for those who haven’t opted “Skip Ahead” option. Windows Insiders need to keep patience to experience Windows 10 build 16294 as it is rolling out in a phased manner and may take some time to reach every Insider.
The Insider Preview Build 16294 contains a short list of changelog. It incorporates improvements and fixes but no new features are available in this build.
As we mentioned earlier, the development team is mainly focusing on polishing the final Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, therefore we can’t expect any new OS features in the builds releasing these days.
Changelog of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16294
- This build has the fix for the bug that was causing some Surface Pro 3 devices to end up in a “unbootable” state where the Windows OS will not load and it appears to be stuck on a “spinning dots” screen. After installing this build, Surface Pro 3 devices should no longer get into this state. If you have a Surface Pro 3 in a bad state – follow the instructions on this forum post to get back up and running.
- We fixed an issue on Dutch builds where explorer could go into a crash loop if an app-requested downloads notification popped up from OneDrive.
- We fixed an issue where expand.exe couldn’t expand CABs that contained Japanese characters in the file name.
- We fixed a race condition that could result in window content being transparent (but showing the window frame) or stale after unlocking your desktop.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing error 0x800B010C when attempting to upgrade to the last few flights.