Windows Insiders who have opted in the Fast Ring got another opportunity to grab the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18353 (19H1) in March 2019. This minor release is packed with bug fixes that are indeed worth noticing.
If you have enrolled your device in the Fast Ring, you can get this latest insider build to experience the improvements.
Microsoft team revealed some known issues of this build. The complete list of changelog is published on the Windows blog. You can go through the highlights of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18353 before taking the new insider flight for the current development cycle.
Microsoft is emphasizing to improve the upcoming feature update hence releasing frequent builds for Fast Ring Insiders. Soon the Slow Ring Insiders will also get the chance to experience another build and contribute to revamp the Windows update.
Changelog of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18353
- We’ve enabled microphone in Windows Sandbox, which among other things will improve several accessibility scenarios.
- We’ve added functionality to configure the audio input device via the Windows Sandbox config file.
- We’ve fixed an issue in which the Windows Sandbox time zone was not synchronized with the host.
- We’ve enabled the Shift + Alt + PrintScreen key sequence in Windows Sandbox which activates the ease of access dialog for enabling high contrast mode.
- We’ve enabled the ctrl + alt + break key sequence in Windows Sandbox which allows entering/exiting fullscreen mode.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bug checks upon lid close, monitor plug, or monitor unplug.
- We fixed an issue resulting in preferred region settings getting reset on upgrade in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
- We fixed an issue in memcpy that caused some drivers to hard-hang the system on load; this could manifest as a hang on upgrade, depending on the system.
- Here’s the latest on trying out our new Windows gaming technology:
- Still haven’t had a chance to get the game State of Decay for free (for a limited time)? More slots are available again! Whether you’ve tried it in earlier builds or haven’t had the chance yet, these instructions have everything you need.
- Installed the Insider version of State of Decay already? We’ll be trying out an update later today. To get it, launch the Store app, click […] and then “Downloads and Updates”. Once installed, you shouldn’t see any difference in the game – it’s just a test update – but please let us know if anything doesn’t work!
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- We’re continuing to investigate feedback in the night light space.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We’re investigating an issue preventing VMware from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds. Hyper-V is a viable alternative if available to you.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.